Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Really, it's Pips?


There are few songs out there so universally appreciated and radio friendly as the Glady Knight classic, "Midnight Train to Georgia." For years, well before the creation of the Ipod, I would sing with joy whenever this masterpiece would grace the radio in my parents' car. You'd think that listenitng to 106.7 and 101.1 I would have heard it with relative frequency; but alas, such was not the case.
Jumping forward a few years, I now own an Ipod and of course, Midnight (that's my pet name for it) is on it. However, after an initial run, I can hardly remember hearing it...until recently!!
I was on my way across town aboard the sometimes fantastic and sometimes frustrating L train when Midnight came on...Oh joy, only five minutes to my final destination...what a wonderful way to arrive...Oh, but it was not to be. My joy was fleeting. In what can only be described as midly disapointing, the Ipod ran out of battery power
Now i will never know how far that superstar got. There are reports that he didn't get far and returned to Georgia on a midnight train, but without Galdys' confirmation, it appears I will have to wait another 6,359 songs to find out

No comments: